Top Tips to keep your Dragon Shifter happy (originally created by my co-author, Arizona Tape – and borrowed with permission!)
- Dragons have a deep love for their own element and will choose a drink that represents that element. They will even go as far to die their drink the right colour. Don’t question it.
- Every Dragon community has their own set of curses like: “for fire’s sake” or “holy rock formation”. However, if you’re not part of their element, it’s considered rude to use it.
- When they shift into their dragon form, they become a lot bigger. Make sure to have at least one room available for emergency shifts. Like the boxing gym in Dragon Soul or the training cave in the Earth community.
- Fire dragons, in particular, love fire, as expected from them. Make sure to have stern rules about where and when they can play with their flames or they’ll burn your house down.
- Dragons are very protective over their young and their eggs. Don’t. Touch. The. Eggs. Unless you have permission from the mother.
- Dragons come of age when they’re 25 and they’ll complete their mating ritual on the birthday of the youngest of the bond. For Fire Dragons, this is a big ceremony where the whole family is invited. But if you have an Earth Dragon in your home, don’t expect to be part of their very intimate wedding.
- Much is known about the three elemental dragons, Fire, Water, and Earth, but the Air Dragons are a real mystery. Even to the other communities. Almost nothing is known about them so if you spot a grey-ish dragon in the clouds, you might be one of the rare and lucky few to have seen one. Most people never do.
I’m a huge fan of interlinking series and books (in a way that still makes sense no matter which book you pick up first!) and I seem to have rubbed off on my co-author, Arizona Tape. We now have three series in our Twin Souls Universe (and book 1 of another written but not published yet!) which mostly focuses on Dragons with the occasional vampire thrown into the mix.
The funny thing is, we never planned it this way. Originally, we planned one book (Soulswap) in which vampire, Ayra, and dragon shifter, Tate, lived with soulmates who were just short of perfect…until they switched bodies and discovered the other’s soulmate was actually there. Things soon changed and the original idea became a trilogy – Soulswap told Tate’s side of the story, while Soulshift told Ayra’s, and Soultrade brought them both together and led to their happily ever after.
Then, things exploded. We were offered an opportunity that had us planning a spin-off for Ayra’s best friend, Marcus (this is the one that’s unpublished now) and wrote what I like to refer to as a paranormal rom-com for him and half-dragon, Zara. After the opportunity ended, we talked and decided Marcus and Zara deserved a series of their own…which brings us to Dragon Soul!
Dragon Soul was the series that sprang up after we realised our dragons weren’t going to let it go. There are two books out at the moment, both following Earth Dragon shifters. Torn Soul deals with not belonging and dealing with grief as it follows Holly finding her mate in Tamsin. And Bound Soul follows JJ and Porter as they meet in the online dragon only role-playing game, Realms&Rebels.
Realms&Rebels actually made its first appearance in Soulswap, and was named after the boxed set we were invited to write for that led to our latest series in the universe – The Renegade Dragons. When we first wrote Fifth Soul, it was with the intention of adding it to the Dragon Soul series…until it became clear Lola and her mates needed more stories and we added Fifth Round!
While we always try to make our co-written books fun (and both laugh a lot while writing them!) we also try and tackle some more serious issues. There’s a lot of different romantic pairings in the series, Soulswap & Torn Soul are both f/f, Bound Soul & Soulshift are both m/f (as is Marcus and Zara’s story), and the Renegade Dragons series is reverse harem. What we aim for is inclusion – it doesn’t matter what gender their mate is, or how many mates they have, that is who they love.
Twin Souls Trilogy (Tate & Sian and Devon & Ayra)
- Soulshift (Ayra’s story)
- Soulswap (Tate’s story)
- Torn Soul (Holly & Tamsin)
- Bound Soul (JJ & Porter)
- Stray Soul (Coming Soon!)
The Renegade Dragons (Lola, Rachel, Todd, Martin & Hector)
- Fifth Soul (also in Audio)
- Fifth Round
If you’re interested in finding out more about me, you can here:
Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/theparanormalcouncil
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/authorlauragreenwood
Mailing List: www.authorlauragreenwood.co.uk/p/mailing-list-sign-up.html