Where I live, we’re having a winter without snow so far! We’ve had lots of rain and some snow that melts a few hours later. Snow brings a lot of work with it. When I was a kid, snow meant sledding. I loved sledding. I still sled when no one is watching. Shhh! LOL!
For adults living in the snow belt, it means shoveling or paying for snowplowing and shoveling. You can get what I call the mini plows but they break down. Again you’re paying for repairs.
When the word goes out that a snowstorm is headed our way, we have a list to get done!
- Confirm with our snowplow person that we do want to be plowed.
- Go to the store and buy essentials including edibles that do not require cooking. Get cases or jugs of water!
- Charge all the items that need charging including those batteries you can plug into when your devices’ batteries are drained.
- Get batteries for flashlights and lanterns.
- Charge up the tablets and readers. Have a book handy to read by the light of a booklight.
- In our case, it’s getting the wood together. Having an alternate heat source is important.
- Have extra warm clothes to wear in layers. Bring out the extra blankets.
- Put jugs or buckets of water in the bathroom to help the toilet flush. (For those that don’t know. I lift off the lid of the modern toilet and add water if it’s been flushed and the water doesn’t rise as normal.) Adding the water helps the toilet keep functioning.
- Make the decision that once you are inside, you do not go out into the storm! I know some people are curious but it can get worse with no visibility very fast. People have died in such storms. Don’t take chances.
- Have a notebook and pen so you can write or draw by lantern light. (Okay, that may only be on my list. Smiles.)
If anyone has something to add to this list, please, add it in our comment box.
Stay safe and well, my friends!
Susan Hanniford Crowley
EverNight for ages 13-113 is now available on Kindle and Amazon Paperback.
EverWarm for ages 13-113 is now available on Kindle and Amazon Paperback.
Lady Fallon’s Dragons for ages 13-113 is now available on Kindle and Amazon Paperback, Nook, Kobo, Smashwords, BAM online bookstore sells the paperback, Scribd, and in paperback in the UK at Waterstones, also on Amazon around the world.
The Vampire with a Blanket of Stars, Arnhem Knights of New York, Book 3 is available in Amazon Print and Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Apple, Walmart ebooks & Smashwords.
Vampire King of New York, Arnhem Knights of New York, Book 1 now in Kindle and Print! Walmart Bookstore Online
Vampire in the Basement, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 4 available on Kindle.
Poseidon’s Catch(mythology romance) is available on Kindle.
Mrs. Bright’s Tea Room (steampunk romance) is available on Kindle.
A Vampire for Christmas, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 3 available on Kindle.
The Stormy Love Life of Laura Cordelais, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 2 available in Kindle and Print and Barnes and Noble Print
When Love Survives, Vampires in Manhattan Book 1 is available on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Smashwords, and iBooks (on Apple devices).