Between the pandemic and trying to live our lives, most of us have not been looking out for ourselves. Our self wellness has taken a back seat to getting food and supplies, getting to work, taking care of our family, and being safe. It’s been a strain on our finances and overall health.
Worry can wreck you. I know it does me. So what can you do?
If you’re ill, see a medical professional. I mask up and go see my doctor when I need to.
What else can you do to keep spirits up?
Do everything easy first.
- Make a cup of tea! Enjoy a favorite beverage! I like lemon seltzer water and almond tea.
- Take a bubble bath! Get a rubber duck.
- Read a book. Try a book outside your comfort zone for a change, or read a favorite. Lots of readers have a ‘to be read’ pile.
- Take a walk. Become an observer of life.
- Do you have pets? Play with them.
- Do you have children? Have a game or movie night. Make some arts and crafts with them.
Do everything challenging second.
- Listen to music and move to the beat. Make up your own song.
- Learn new things. I like to watch Rachel Maksy on YouTube. She sews clothing and is fun at the same time. https://www.youtube.com/c/rachelmaksy
- Explore hobbies. On HBO Max, there’s the Great Pottery Throw Down. It’s amazing what people can make. It’s inspiring.
- Make something for yourself. It could be a knitted scarf. Something that makes you feel good.
- Indulge your whimsical side. Visit a little shop and just something fun for your home. I think those figurines that dance when the sun hits them are funny.
The world has always been a changing place. It will change yet again. The best any of us can do so we can help the people we love is to keep well. You are important too.
All the best,
Susan Hanniford Crowley, Amazon Kindle Bestselling Author of Vampire Romance
Where love burns eternal and whispers in the dark!
The Vampire with a Blanket of Stars, Arnhem Knights of New York, Book 3 is now available in Amazon Print and Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Apple, Walmart ebooks & Smashwords.
Vampire Princess of New York, Arnhem Knights of New York, Book 2 available in Kindle and Kindle Unlimited!
Vampire King of New York, Arnhem Knights of New York, Book 1 now in Kindle and Print!
Vampire in the Basement, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 4 available in Kindle.
Poseidon’s Catch(mythology romance) available in Kindle.
Mrs. Bright’s Tea Room (steampunk romance) available in Kindle.
A Vampire for Christmas, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 3 available in Kindle.
The Stormy Love Life of Laura Cordelais, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 2 available in Kindle and Print and Barnes and Noble Print
When Love Survives, Vampires in Manhattan Book 1 available in Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Smashwords, and iBooks (on Apple devices).