As summer is drawing to a close (HOW?! I don’t know either), I find my writing is flat, my stress is high, and my blog posts have seen better ideas.
Without vacation time (or a vacation budget), how do you get out of the funk? I HIGHLY recommend rearranging a room. Just one room. And for the love of all of the books, make sure to measure everything first.
Unlike what I did. But that’s a different story for a different day… I haven’t needed the ice packs in like 4 hours…
For months, I’ve been wanting to rearrange my living room to exchange a broken down bookcase for my antique piano. Last weekend, I woke up determined to succeed! My husband was less than enthusiastic, but he hasn’t locked me out of the house (yet) so we’re still okay.
Things that were important to me:
1) Less glare on the television
2) Less clutter
3) A comfortable chair to read in that gets plenty of natural light
4) An easy flow of traffic
Once I made my “goal” list, it helped me decide which pieces I wanted to put where.
Well that and lots of profanity as I kept rearranging everything to try and fit.
Things that I learned:
1) I’m no longer ever allowed to move furniture. I know I will always injure myself
2) Several large pieces in a small room (we’ve moved a lot!) almost never work. Sometimes storage is the only way to go
3) I was right, the TV is better without the glare
4) My reading chair is still spot on
5) Ottomans with storage are the only way to fly
6) The only way to properly celebrate rearranging a room is by putting on some good music and having a dance party. Make sure your blinds are closed, however…
The change really did help clear my mind. I cleaned out some old stuff we didn’t need, vacuumed under the couch, and gave my house a more “cozy” feeling. This got me in the mood to get some work done, since I was feeling so accomplished.
Now that I have edits back on a book, I SUPPOSE I’ll go work on those. See you on the flip side, NOP.
Hunting Witch Hazel: Now available
I was happy with my West Coast life – 24-hour pizza delivery and bikini-clad bodies as far as the eye could see. Now I’m in the small-ass town of Hayvenwood to extract a ransom to save my little brother’s life. And that ransom is locked inside of the sexiest witch I have ever met, Hazel Evanora.