Confluence is a science fiction and fantasy conference. Being a paranormal romance author, it’s great that I fit in both the worlds of romance conventions and scifi conferences. I’m going to be on panels, doing a reading and an autograph session at Confluence. Already I’m starting to prepare. How do you make it easy on yourself?
- Clothing Card – I pre-plan my outfits so I don’t overpack. That way I’m not stressing what to wear and I have each outfit packed designated for a day or an event.
- If you’re an author, you will want to take books (if your publisher doesn’t them to the conference organizers in advance for you) and autographing materials. If it’s a romance conference, you want to bring swag in addition.
- Special Envelope – This contains conference registration confirmation, your hotel reservation confirmation, and can contain travel (air or train or bus) tickets. I go to an office supply store to get a clear large plastic envelope to keep th2ese items in. I usually choose pink so I can see it right away and it won’t be misplaced.
- 2nd Special Envelope – I use this one for my program booklet when I get there and also my notes for panels I’m on.
- Medications and slippers. Feel well and relaxed at a conference.
- (Optional – You decide whether you want to take electronic devices beyond your phone with you. Sometimes I will find time to write at conferences but more often I don’t. I’m on late panels and go to parties and hang out with people. These are all great things to do, so don’t be bogged down with a laptop or tablet if you’re not going to use them.)
So don’t pack heavy if you can help it. You don’t want to be lugging stuff around. The object of a conference is to have fun and meet people.
Susan Hanniford Crowley, Amazon Kindle Bestselling Author of Vampire Romance
Where love burns eternal and whispers in the dark!
NEW: Vampire Princess of New York, Arnhem Knights of New York, Book 2 available in Kindle! Coming soon in Print on July 4th!
Vampire in the Basement, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 4 available in Kindle.
Poseidon’s Catch (mythology romance) available in Kindle.
Mrs. Bright’s Tea Room (steampunk romance) available in Kindle.
A Vampire for Christmas,Vampires in Manhattan, Book 3 available in Kindle.
The Stormy Love Life of Laura Cordelais, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 2 available in Kindle and Print and Barnes and Noble Print
When Love , Vampires in Manhattan Book 1 available in Kindle and Print, Nook, Kobo and Smashwords.