Are there any two better words to write than “The End”? No, I’m not sure there are. This week, I finished my full length novel and sent it off for the first (of many) edits. I need to give my brain a chance to cool down and catch up before jumping into something else, but how do you avoid the massive book hangover?
Here was my recipe:
2 parts ebooks, 2 parts audiobooks, 10 parts Netflix. On the rocks, of course.
For driving, I love a good audiobook. I pulled out my two favorites, Kristen Ashley’s Rock Chick and a YA Maggie Stiefvater novel.
When I had the chance to read, I picked up Eloisa James’ My American Duchess. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! It was a fun historical with a storyline that kept me turning the page and just enough dirty stuff to make me smile. I adored this book and will probably read it again.
Then, Tuesday was the best day of the week because Penny Reid and L.H. Cosway’s The Player and the Pixie came out! This is the sequel to The Hooker and the Hermit. WHY IS RUGBY NOT A BIGGER SPORT IN THE US?! I would watch ALL the rugby. All of it.
All of it.
Instead, I read the amazing book until midnight, despite the fact that I needed to be awake by 6:00am and then was book hungover the entire day Wednesday. Worth. It.
Wednesday night, I switched to Netflix. Here are my top ten shows I plan to watch the rest of the week.
1) Psych. Because, duh. The fiancé and I make it a point to watch at least one episode together a week and always try to find the hidden pineapple.
2) John Mulaney and The Comeback Kid. It’s “research” on how to make better one liners in your book, I swear! Also, he has me on the floor, laughing.
3) Debra DiGiovanni’s stand up Single Awkward Female is absolutely hysterical. I laugh so hard, I need to pause it so I don’t miss the next line
4) Jessica Jones. Must watch this series immediately.
5) Flypaper. In line with movies like Snatch, this movie will keep you guessing, and laughing, until the end.
6) Sense 8. Super creepy, paranormal stuff
7) The Returned. The first episode of this series stuck with me for a long time. I’m excited to pick it back up.
8) Fixer Upper. because I am my father’s daughter and love home improvement shows.
9) Heartland. But you all knew this because it’s like crack to me.
10) Pentatonix: On My Way Home. Because I love a good behind the music story
On this day in 1981 – America’s first space shuttle, Columbia, returned to Earth after a three-day test flight. The shuttle orbited the Earth 36 times during the mission.
Hunting Witch Hazel: Spring 2016
Threat of Raine: Spring 2016
Rosemary for Remembrance: Spring 2016