Happy Thanksgiving, Nights of Passion readers!
Ignore the fact that Christopher Columbus pretty much “discovered” America because he got lost and didn’t ask for directions…
As Thanksgiving is also my birthday week (woohoo! Happy birthday to me!), I’m reminded over and over again to be thankful for what I have. So, to celebrate another glorious year of eating incredibly unhealthy cake, I’ve made my top 10 list of things I’m grateful for this year, outside of my family and friends. I’m always thankful for them!
10. Soft pillow cases. No one wants a pillow case that also exfoliates, am I right?
9. Kristen Ashley’s Rock Chicks series. I have never laughed so hard through an entire book series in my life! I seriously had to put the books down because I was laughing so hard. #TeamHank
8. My writer/reader friends! I have so many amazing friends who write and read all genres. They are supportive, have exceptionally dirty senses of humor, and stop me from doing stupid things in my book…like forgetting when one of my characters is a twin…
7. Netflix. Oh Netflix, I could write an entire love letter just to you. You bring me streaming John Mulaney, Ace of Cakes, Good Eats, and period dramas whenever I want them. Heather and Netflix sitting in a tree, s-t-r-e-a-m-ing!
6. Slippers. Oh goodness, slippers. Every year, my friend gives me slippers for my birthday. They are truly the best present ever because it’s cold as H-E-Double-hockey-sticks in Detroit! I clomp around the house feeling victorious over the cold floors.
5. Little brothers you can convince to do free labor for you when your book cover model and photographer get stranded with you in a freak snow storm…
Yeah…there’ll be a whole post on that coming soon…
4. My Prince Charming. He doesn’t bat an eye when he comes home to find me staring at hundreds of pictures of shirtless guys for promo photos. Totally marrying him, and not just because I’m obsessed with Cinderella…
3. Cake. I LOVE CAKE! ALL CAKE! GIVE ME THE CAKE! Despite the fact I have an annoying number of food allergies, I can still get a giant birthday cake. Best part? No one wants to eat it so it’s ALL MINE. MUHAHAHA.
2. Author Penny Reid and her Sharks of Awesome Fanclub. It’s like one giant book club filled with my best penpals in the entire world and run by my mentor. I mean, I would be lost without them. And Penny Reid’s books keep me warm during the cold, winter days 😉
1. Can-shaped cranberry sauce. No Thanksgiving meal is complete without cranberry sauce in the shape of a can. It’s completely disgusting and full of sugar and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I hope you all have a happy, wonderful Thanksgiving where your turkey is juicy but your family’s gossip is not. And happy birthday to my editor and friend Erika!
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Wishing You Laughter & Good Books,
Bold. Bewitching. Breathtaking.
Author of The Lynch Brothers Series
Be careful what you wish for…
Hunting Witch Hazel: February 2016
Threat of Raine: March 2016
Rosemary for Remembrance: April 2016