Do you think “holiday productivity” exists? Is there anybody out there who is truly capable of concentrating, and accomplishing, anything when there are so many awesome things to distract us this time of year?
- Craft projects with the kids
- Office parties
- neighborhood parties
- Baking yummies
- Eating yummies
- Going to the gym in a desperate attempt to work off said yummies
- Decorating the house
- Trying not to let the kids hear “colorful” parental outbursts as said decorations crash onto the floor, bursting into a billon pieces
- Cooking holiday meals
- Watching holiday movies
- Participating in charity drives
- Entertaining family
- Arguing with uncle Hal to please smoke his cigar outside
- Not taking the bait when a cousin remarks “you’re so lucky to have the time to do all this.”
- Constantly cleaning the house to make it look like it hasn’t been mobbed by a gazillion guests.
Geez, it’s hard to get any real work done!
I think I’ll stick to the tried-and-true method of hiding myself away. I’m headed off to Starbucks, armed with my iPad. I need to write at least two more chapters in my latest contemporary romance novel before I’m willing to cave in to all the distractions. In the meantime, I’ll get a peppermint latte to tie me over. A flavor of the holidays so I can finally get a flavor of the holiday.
How do you intend to stay on track this holiday season?
Find Stacy on Social Media:
Desire in the Everglades available now. http://www.amazon.com/Desire-Everglades-Stacy-Hoff-ebook/dp/B00NFSMCYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410289138&sr=8-1&keywords=desire+in+the+everglades.