What makes a hero romantic? Let’s look at some admirable qualities.
1. Good looking? A muscular physique? Not only look strong but actually be strong? So would Daniel Craig fit the bill, or should I say Bond? What if great looks and a robust body was not enough? Okay, I hear the groans out there. Let’s get back to looks. Should the perfect hero be a brunette like Jason Momoa of “Conan the Barbarian” or tall and blond like Alexander Skarsgard?
2. Is it the clothes that make a romantic hero? Does he have to wear an Armani suit or would you like him in a t-shirt and jeans? Or…. I won’t fill in that last part. I’ll leave it to your imagination.
3. What about personality? Do you like your hero mysterious? Moody? Laid back? Exciting? In the middle of action? Sensitive? Tender? Practical or daring? Is he likely to be a stay-at-home guy who is into making a career to support his family? Or wandering scientist who hungers for the next discovery and you in between? Is he the dependable day-to-day hero like a cop, firefighter, or soldier? Or the guy always looking for the next fight? What does your hero do and how does he view life?
4. How does he treat the heroine? Does he avoid her? Ignore her? Befriend her? Save her life? Sweep her off her feet? Protect her? Does he treat her like a kid sister? An enemy? A beloved? A goddess that he worships?
5. What is that extraordinary quality that makes a hero romantic???
Tell me what you think makes a hero romantic.
Susan Hanniford Crowley